The current air conditioning and climate control systems do not require significant maintenance. However, it recommends visiting the agency or a specialized workshop at the beginning of each season of the year (as a preventive service).
The air conditioning system is one of the greatest technical achievements for the comfort of a vehicle.
The objective of the system is to quickly and consistently reach a temperature Off – road 12-volt air compressor with an operation similar to that of a refrigerator.
What the air conditioning system does is extract heat from the passenger compartment and expel it outside.
The air conditioning system is supported by a refrigerant fluid that, in modern cars is R-134A (tetrafluoroethane), which is environmentally friendly.
The one used until a few years ago and called Freon 12, or simply R12, was found to damage the ozone layer and, in the presence of moisture, became harmful to human health.
Choosing air compressor for your jeep
The objective of Off – road 12 volt air compressor equipment is to keep it in optimal condition and thus minimize more costly failures for the user.
- Typically, preventive or routine maintenance consists of:
- Evaporator cleaning (usually aluminum part and expensive)
- Changing the filter drier (dehydrator bottle that tries to collect or absorb the internal humidity of the liquid refrigerant product)
- Expansion valve replacement (controls the flow of refrigerant to the evaporator)
- Changing the seals (rubber rings)
- Vacuum the system that should last at least 40 minutes
- Add oil to the compressor.
- Finally, charge it with its respective refrigerant, which can be R-12 (CFC) or R-134 (HFC). A system that needs 10% of refrigerant will cost 20% more in its operation.
- Without regular maintenance, the air conditioner loses approximately 5% of its original efficiency for each operation; if it is properly maintained, it can keep 95% of the original efficiency.
Essential tips for the best use of air conditioning
Open the windows when starting the car, to remove the hot air and then close them to turn on the Off – road 12 volt air compressor.
- Keep the car closed while the air conditioning is running.
- Do not turn on the air conditioning; if it is not necessary to lower the temperature too much, a better option is to turn on the fan.
- Carry out general cleaning of the equipment, remove dust and mold, and paint it to avoid oxidation
- Check that all gaskets on the doors and windows of the car are not broken or cracked.
- Remove debris from the base of the windshield as it blocks the outside air intake.
- Do not obstruct the dashboard air conditioning vents (exit to the windshield and front vents) or the exit towards the floor for better passenger comfort. Some cars have a door to the rear seats.
- The air outlet temperature is between 10 and 15 ° C, so the grilles should always be oriented so that the air spread throughout the car, and not directly to the occupants.
- Do not overcook; keep in mind that for each degree that air conditioning is required below 25 ° C, you will be consuming approximately 8% more energy.