Nowadays we always choose comfort over practicality. This is one way to keep ourselves healthy and at the same time keep us going. This goes to one thing that we always use when we are working, our office chairs. Good chairs don’t need to cost you a great fortune because there are a lot of them for you to choose from. If you know your body then you will most likely know what kind of chair you need. One thing that you must look for if it supports your body comfortably as you work and be your own boss. Not all chairs are made the same, but at least some can support your spine and allow you to work effortlessly without ache.
If you are having a hard time looking for the perfect office chair, here are some tips that you may consider before buying one.
- Comfort – Since you are working at home because your country required everyone to stay at home and work remotely, you need to have a working area that allows you to fulfill tasks comfortably. An office chair is an ideal seat that you need to have so that your legs, butt, and back will not be numb. If you get a chance to go to a store, try out some of their office chairs and choose the one you think is best for you. Be sure that the chair is breathable and supports all the curves on your body. You have the option to choose from a mesh material or a leather padded material. The difference between the two is the breathability. The mesh allows the air to pass through keeping you cool even if you are seated on it for hours. But for the leather padded material, it gives you nice lumbar support. Even the head-rest is made of pads so that you will not strain your neck as you work
- Size and height – Every person has a different size and when it comes to furniture size does matter. We have a preference when it comes to choosing the right size. This is to allow us to sit comfortably on a size that we think is suitable for us. One thing that can keep us comfortable when we are working is when our feet are touching the ground. This is why most office chairs are built with an adjustable height so that people who have shorter legs can still sit comfortably in an office chair. These chairs can be adjusted according to your preference.
- With or without armrest – Some office chairs that come with an armrest and some don’t. Armrests are often used when you feel tired after working on your desk for hours. These armrests are often cushioned to have more extra comfort.
- With wheels or without wheels – As a kid, you always enjoy riding chairs that have wheels on them. And now as a working adult, a lot of us still enjoy playing around with our office chairs. But nowadays, it is time to be serious. Choosing an office chair with or without a wheel can be confusing. A lot of people like to have wheels so that you will no longer have to stand up and get something. But the downside of it is that you are prone to accidents. And as for the chairs without wheels, you have to stand up and get the thing you need and readjust your self comfortably. but this will make you safer. It is a matter of individual preference for everyone.
- Warranty – Every item that we purchase comes with a warranty. This goes with office chairs as well. Since you are paying for your comfort, an office chair should last long and get the worth of its price. Every office chair will offer you a 1-year or a 2-year warranty in case your chair gives up. This is to assure you that you will be having a great and comfortable chair whenever you are working.
- Price comparison – Each chair has a different feature and of course, it comes with a different price tag. One thing we do best is to window shop. Finding the perfect chair may be tricky, but it is best to go and look around and compare prices from one another. There are a lot of chairs that affordable and can still function as a high-end expensive one.
When to buy an office chair?
- If you are still not satisfied with the chairs that you have found in the department store, you should wait for a sale. This is one common thing that people do when they found something they like and it is still very expensive. There are certain times in a year where a lot of furniture will be on sale. And this is your chance to grab your office chair and start working. You will find great deals whenever you try to look during a huge sale. And since a lot of us are working from home, it is best to have a nice home-office set-up so that we will be able to concentrate and get our work done.
How to identify the best quality?
- For you to know if the chair that you bought is one of the best, you better sit on it and feel it. You will also know that the chair is of great quality because of the way it is constructed and it will last longer than you think.
There are a lot of great quality chairs that don’t require you to spend a lot of money for you to purchase them. All you need to do is to search thoroughly so that you will get your money’s worth. And it doesn’t have to be an expensive and a fancy chair, as long as you are comfortable with it and lasts long, then you are good to go. Just be sure to do a bit of window-shopping before your final purchase. There are tons of selection for you to choose from.