How do you define the word, caring?
- As an adjective, caring means displaying kindness and concern for others.
- As a noun, caring means he work or practice of looking after those unable to care for themselves, especially on account of age or illness.
What it means to be a caring leader? Let’s find out.
You might be able to work as a leader, without realising the needs and perceptions of those you represent, but you’ll only become a real leader when/ if you proceed forward consistently in a considerate and emphatic manner! Why would anyone want to commit to the time, resources, effort, and energy, required of a leader, if he didn’t truly care deeply and thoroughly, about making a quality difference in the existence of your organization and the constituents one represents? With this in mind, this article will briefly examine and review, using the mnemonic approach, what being an empathic leader, means, and why it may be extremely essential!
1. How will you assure you possess the necessary clarity which will help you clearly identify the needs, goals, priorities and perceptions, which are meaningful and relevant? Will you balance being the agent for change with a careful, focused attention to ramifications, etc? Will you consistently exhibit the quality character that attracts others to be willing to pay attention to what you propose and emphasise?
2. You’ll never be a caring leader, if you focus on the negatives, rather than proceeding, consistently, with a positive, can – do attitude! It’s not about merely paying attention rather focusing on the priorities and perceptions which your constituents, care, most deeply about!
3. True leaders take relevant actions not merely doing or appearing busy! Will you take the personal responsibility and avoid the easy path of blaming and complaining? Do you serve your personal agenda or are you responsive to what others feel and contemplate?
4. Real leaders think about the best way to proceed and propose the relevant ideas that might make an important difference for the better! Will you do so while maintaining absolute integrity even when taking a short – cut might be an easier path? Do you possess the level of imagination that will improve matters for those you represent?
5. Quality service and representation must focus on the needs, priorities and concerns of those one serves and represents! Are you ready to proceed forward with the necessary level of commitment?
Will you do what is essential, to be a real leader? Are you ready in the mood and capable to proceed forward and assume this level of responsibility?