Whether it is for a business meeting or a special event, you will need conference tables to seat all your guests or business partners. When choosing your tables, there are many things that you need to consider, such as how many you need to seat, price, and what style you want.
The first thing you need to consider when choosing your conference tables is what size of tables you need. To determine this you have to determine how much space you need per person by figuring that each chair is usually between 24 to 36 inches wide, but up to 40 if you desire a more luxurious meeting. The wider is usually better as it gives each guest more comfort as they could be around the table for a long several hours.
Once you have figured out how much space each person needs, you can then figure out what size of and how many conference tables you will need. The best way to do this, is to give each person a certain amount of space, then determine what the perimeter of the table needs to be. Then you will need to determine what the shape of the table should be so that you can fit the most people.
Because different shapes hold a different number of people, a rectangle, oblong, and squares will give you the most seating capacity, while round gives you the least amount of space. For large conferences, a U or V shaped table will hold the most, depending on how it is used.
There are several things you should consider when you are looking for your conference table. These are:
- • The size and measurements of the conference room. Sometimes the types of meetings change so different numbers of people would be at meetings each time. In these types of situations, a modular table would be best because tables can expanded and made smaller at different times. The configurations can be changed to meet your needs.
- • The materials that your table is constructed from. Is it wood or laminate, plastic or glass topped? The materials can make a difference in price and can make a difference in how long they last.
- • The seating capacity. You need to get the right amount of chairs to go with your table. You want to make sure that your room size can handle the size chairs that you choose.
- • How durable they are? Because you may use them for different purposes, you want a table and chairs that will last for many years so that you don’t have to pay to have them replaced too often.
- • Overall Style. You want to make sure that your conference tables match the décor of your office.
Making sure that you understand exactly what your office furniture needs are will insure that you get the best table for your meeting needs.