Ragi is an extremely nutritious millet that has excellent health benefits. Some of these include:
- Aids in weight loss
- Fibre-rich and keeps the stomach full for a longer time, along with preventing food cravings.
- Reduces appetite
- Reverses ageing of the skin
- Lowers blood sugar levels by activating insulin – helps people with Diabetes
- Rich in Calcium
- Cools the body during scorching summers.
Ragi Malt is a nutrient-rich drink and very simple to make. Here’s how you can achieve all your health goals, by one magical drink!
- 4-5 tbsp Ragi Flour
- 2 tbsp jaggery (can be modified to taste)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- almonds and cashews (optional)
- Take a pan and pour water into it – heat on medium flame.
- Once the water starts to boil, add Ragi flour to it and continue to stir.
- Ensure that no lumps are formed in the pan while stirring
- Upon continuing to stir and boil the mix, you will see the Ragi Malt turning into glossy consistency.
- Once this happens, add the jaggery and milk, to maintain this consistency.
- Stir for around 5 minutes and take it off the stove.
- Serve hot with an optional garnishing of nuts.
Note: The milk can also be replaced with Buttermilk and salt, if you happen to be lactose intolerant. The health benefits would remain the same. Also, Vegan choices of milk like soy and almond can be used for those on a Vegan diet.