- 2 eggs
- Hot sauce (ex: Cholula)
- ⅓ cup black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2 tsp butter/olive oil
- 1 tbsp green onion chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp chopped pickled jalapeño (optional)
- 1 medium sized whole grain tortilla
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- Salsa or hot sauce for serving
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs with hot sauce and salt – blend well. Add the beans to it and keep aside.
- Now melt butter in a nonstick pan on medium heat and pour in the egg mixture once the butter starts bubbling. Cook and stir the eggs till the eggs are just set, for around 2 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and stir in the green onion, cilantro and jalapeño to it. (The eggs will finish cooking in the quesadilla).
- In a separate skillet, warm the tortilla on medium heat, flipping occasionally. Once the pan and tortilla are warm, sprinkle half of the cheese over half of the tortilla. Top the cheese with the semi cooked scrambled eggs and then again then top the scrambled eggs with the remaining cheese.
- Press the unfilled/empty tortilla halve over the toppings. Let the quesadilla cook until golden and crispy on the bottom, reducing the heat if necessary to stop the tortilla from burning. Flip it and cook until the second side is golden and crispy too.
- Once both sides are golden and crisp, put the quesadilla on a cutting board. Once it cools down a little, slice the quesadilla into 2.
- Serve warm/hot, with a tasty salsa or hot sauce to go with it – and down it with a Smoothie!