Having trouble whipping up a healthy snack? Unsure of what to serve as a side dish with soups or Italian main courses?
Lemon Pepper Mushrooms have the answer! And in just 20-25 minutes. (serves 2)
- 1) Button Mushrooms (200 grams)
- 2) Big sized lemon (1)
- 3) Garlic Butter (optional)
- 4) Clarified Butter/Ghee (1-1.5 tbsp)
- 5) Freshly Ground Pepper (2-3 tbsp)
- 6) Salt (2 tbsp only for boiling)
- 1) Take all the mushrooms and wash them in a bowl
- 2) After they’re properly rinsed/washed, boil them in water with 2 tbsp salt for 15 minutes on high flame
- 3) The mushrooms would be completely boiled after the colour of the boiled water turns a proper dark brown and the scent of mushrooms whisks through the hair – you can also use a fork to check how tender they are – they need to be soft
- 4) Once boiled, drain out the water and cut the mushrooms – slice each mushroom into 2 pieces
- 5) Heat 1-1.5 tbsp ghee in pan, and add the diced mushrooms to it once it the ghee melts and is hot.
- 6) Add 1/2 tbsp garlic butter to the pan just for a tinge of the garlic flavour (not more than 1/2 tbsp)
- 7) Sautée this for 10 minutes
- 8) Now add 2-3 big tbsp of freshly ground pepper into the pan and sauté well – the pepper should be clearly visible and evenly distributed all over the mushrooms – Toss well for 5 minutes.
- 9) Now squeeze 3/4 of a very big sized Lemon into the pan, and toss the peppered mushrooms in it evenly for 5 minutes.
- 10) It’s now Ready to be served hot, with a side of lemon shavings to make the plate look pretty!
The best part about this recipe is the simplicity yet strength in flavours, the goodness of lemon and pepper as per health benefits, and 0 usage of salt and oil which contributes to good health.