- 1. Hot dog bread
- 2. Half packet Cottage Cheese
- 3. Small sized onions (4) or Large sized (2-3)
- 4. 1 – 1.5 pieces of green chillies
- 5. Minced Garlic (4-5 pieces)
- 6. 1 Tomato
- 7. 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 8. 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 9. 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 10. 1/4 tsp Garam Masala
- 11. Sugar
- 12. Salt
- 13. 2.5 tsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1. Add 1-1.5 tsp of oil to a frying pan.
- Add the sliced onions, minced garlic and green chillies to it.
- Sautee well till the onions and garlic are golden brown.
- Then slice the tomato into small pieces and add it to the pan. Mix and sautee well.
- Add 1-1.25 tsp of chillipowder, just about 1 tsp of coriander powder, 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder and 1/4 tsp of garam masala to the pan.
- Stir till the masala till it is evenly mixed
- Then, slice the cottage cheese into very small pieces and add it to the pan. Toss it evenly within the pan, to allow the spices to spread evenly.
- Add some salt to taste, and mix.
- Then add a pinch of sugar and 2.5 tsp of tomato ketchup to the mixture and mix it well.
- Heat another pan with some butter on it.
- Take the hot dog bread and heat it on the buttery pan for a few minutes till it is buttery and golden brown.
- Take the heated hot dog bread on a plate and fill it up with the spiced cottage cheese mixture in between.
- Add some regular grated cheese between the hot dog.
- Serve hot with fresh Mint Lemonade to gulp it down!
This recipe is a nice blend (pun intended) between Indian and American Cuisine. It’s also an interesting way of getting Cottage Cheese (a source of vegetarian protein) into children who don’t like to eat it otherwise. Serve for kids lunch or an evening snack!