- White Rice (preferably Basmati)
- Parsley Leaves (preferably dried)
- Garlic Butter or Plain Butter (1/2 cup)
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- Minced Garlic (1/2 to 3/4 cup)
- Salt to taste
- Olive Oil (3 Tbsp)
- 1) Take 3 cups of rice and wash it. Drain out the excess water.
- 2) Add 4.5 cups of water to the rice and put it in a rice cooker until the button goes up and the rice gets cooked.
- 3) Heat the olive oil in a pan.
- 4) Add garlic butter to it.
- 5) Once the oil and butter are heated, add the minced garlic pieces to the pan and sautée it till the garlic is golden brown.
- 6) Add dry and chopped parsley leaves to the pan.
- 7) Transfer the cooked rice to the pan and keep tossing it.
- 8) Toss it for around 15 minutes on medium flame, till the parsley and garlic mix evenly with the rice, and the rice is slightly golden brown.
- 9) At the end, add freshly ground pepper, dried oregano and salt to taste.
- 10) Toss it till all the herbs are evenly mixed with the rice.
Serve hot with a side of grilled meat or a tomato based curry.