Attention! Facebook has launched the creator studio application for a mobile device. On 20th Feb, Matt Navarra tweeted about this news. It’s disappointing that this new app doesn’t have publishing/scheduling capabilities.
Don’t worry! You can access Facebook creator studio on the web using which you can easily schedule and publish your posts on Facebook and Instagram.
Earlier creator studio was only available for Facebook pages. But then they have also introduced this feature for Instagram. Now using the creator studio, you can schedule posts up to six months in advance. This feature isn’t only limited to image and video posts, as you can also schedule IGTV videos using Instagram creator studio.
In this article, I’ll tell you everything about creator studio and how you can use it to schedule your posts on Instagram.
About Instagram Creator Studio:
The journey of creator studio starts with the introduction of the Facebook Creator App in late 2017. After that, Facebook has come up with Creator Studio on a web platform. And later onwards, they have also implemented it for Instagram. But just after that, we got the news that Facebook did shut down its creator app.
Have a look at this old Twitter post from Matt Navarra.
Woah! It was a big blow to all Facebook users who had been using mobile devices to manage their posts on Instagram and Facebook. From then onwards, Facebook implemented more updates on creator studio, allowing Instagrammers to publish, manage, monetize their content.
According to Facebook, with these options, Instagrammers can gain more opportunities to explore their creative ideas. And they can also collaborate with brands to earn more money. In a way, you can also say that Instagram is trying to compete with other content monetizing channels like YouTube.
Who Can Use Creator Studio?
If you are managing multiple Facebook pages, then the creator studio can be very useful for you to manage your Facebook page activities. However, if you want to use it for Instagram, you need to have a creator account. Although even if you are not a creator, you can just switch from your personal/business account to a creator account.
Steps to Switch Into A Creator Account?
- Open your personal or business on Instagram and go to the menu section.
- Click on the Settings option. There you will find the Account option.
- In the account section, you have the option to switch into a creator account.
- Tap on the “Switch to creator account” option.
Now that you have a creator account, you can use the creator studio to schedule your posts. The best thing about creator studio is- it also allows you to schedule IGTV videos on Instagram.
How To Schedule A Post On Facebook/Instagram?
When you are posting on a Facebook page, you have the option to schedule your posts. However, there isn’t such an option for Instagram? While most of the time, people depend on third party automation tools like Socinator to schedule their posts on Instagram.
Do you still have questions like- How to use the creator studio? Or how to schedule Instagram posts? Here I have explained the basic idea of how to use creator studio to schedule posts on Instagram:
- Open the Facebook creator studio dashboard on your browser. On top of the dashboard page, you have the option to switch between Instagram and Facebook sections.
- There you have the option to manage multiple Facebook pages. From there, you can select the pages and manage their content accordingly.
- To schedule posts on Instagram, switch to the Instagram section, and then click on the create post button.
- There you have two options- Instagram Feed and IGTV. Select the right option based on your content.
- Select the Instagram account on which you want to post that content.
- Upload your content and add a nice caption with that. You can also add hashtags and locations to make it more relevant for your viewers.
- Click on the “Publish” option to post immediately, or you can schedule that post based on the time and date on which you want your post to be live.
You can say that the creator studio is a very useful tool for the creators. Especially, it let you schedule IGTV videos on Instagram. However, from my perspective, it’s not the best scheduling app. Compared to the highly efficient scheduler tools, it still has many limitations. First of all, with the creator studio, you can only manage Instagram and Facebook. However, using advanced scheduler tools like Socinator, you can manage multiple social media channels at the same time.
Nowadays, automated scheduler tools have become more advanced, and with its lucrative features, you can easily manage your social media activities.
Over To You:
I really believe the introduction of Creator Studio is one of the best moves of Facebook. Thanks to this, it has become easier for creators to manage their posts and bring more engagement to their content.
So what do you think? If you have something to say about creator studio, please mention that in the comment section given below.