The idea of approaching and talking to a woman they don’t know is practically paralyzing for many men. They just can’t bring themselves to make that initial contact, even if it’s a simple hello. There are the butterflies in the stomach, the dry mouth, maybe even the nervous shakes and sweaty palms. If you spend all your time thinking about approaching a girl, instead of actually starting up a conversation, you definitely need to work on your confidence. When it comes to meeting new women, confidence is key. Without it you just seem nervous and needy. And that’s if you ever even start up a conversation. Confidence makes approaching women a lot easier. When you can get past the basic fear of rejection, this frees you up to just be you. If you’re confident and at ease with yourself and not worried about rejection, women will sense this and those interactions will go a lot better than you ever thought they would. Try chatlines with trials.
1. Have you ever taken the time to self-reflect and figure out what it is about yourself that you don’t like or perceive to be your weaknesses? After all you can’t improve on them if you don’t know what they are. Once you identify and overcome them, you’ll become more confident and be able to more easily approach women.
2. Positive self-talk really helps. Pump yourself up before you go talk to a girl. Remind yourself you have a lot to offer and she’d be lucky to strike up a conversation with you. But just remember, the focus should be on having a conversation. That’s your gauge for success. Hoping and worrying about more than that will hurt your confidence, especially if it doesn’t happen right away. Then you’ll be right back where you started.
3. How you dress really matters. It says a lot about you. Dressing well will also help your confidence. Consider asking a female friend to help you out with some clothes shopping if you don’t think your fashion sense is up to the task.
4. Make talking to women a game. Keep track. Decide to approach a certain number of women every day. The more you do it, the easier it will be to do it again. You can make it risk-free. Start with something simple. How about just saying hi to that girl as you pass her on the street? Easy enough, right? Try chatlines with trials to brush up your conversation skills.
5. Ever hear how men don’t listen? Set yourself apart and really listen to what she’s saying. Keep the focus on the conversation on her. Ask her questions about what she tells you. Don’t babble because you might be nervous. If you are interested in what she says, she’ll think you’re a great conversationalist even if she does most of the talking!
6. Eye contact and body language matter. Stay relaxed and look her in the eyes when she’s talking. But don’s stare of course. That’s just creepy. Smiling is good. It makes you seem confident and relaxed and puts her more at ease. Don’t force silly jokes or pick-up lines. She’s probably heard them all before.
Focus on these six steps and you’ll be well on your way to meeting plenty of women.