Ahmedabad in Gujarat is becoming one of the popular destinations in Western India due to its rich history, culture, and heritage. The city covers beautiful monuments, museums, buildings, and night markets. There are several interesting places to visit in the city and visitors should know about them from different sources before planning a trip. It even allows tourists to schedule a trip with family and others accordingly. On the other hand, people should check the availability of rooms in a hotel while organizing a trip.
The hotels in Ahmedabad involve different types allowing tourists to choose them based on their choices. Moreover, they aim at fulfilling the expectations of visitors by offering modern facilities. Another thing is that they enable tourists to enjoy their trip in a sophisticated environment.
Important places to visit in Ahmedabad
1. The Jama Masjid
The Jumma Masjid or Jama Masjid is one of the must-see places in Ahmedabad because it is the finest architectural specimen built by Ahmed Shah in the year 1423. In fact, the building structure comprises of vandalized Jain and Hindu temples. Moreover, the Masjid has nearly 260 pillars supported by 15 domes. Apart from that, the interior of the shrine has well-illuminated natural lights that attract visitors.
2. Akshardham Temple
Akshardham Temple is an architectural masterpiece located 28 km away from Ahmedabad dedicated to Lord Swaminarayan. The temple erected without the use of iron rods invites a lot of devotees every year. Built with 6000 tonnes of pink sandstone, the temple has 93 sculpted pillars. It even houses a waterfall, lake, herbal garden, and other things allowing visitors to plan a trip accordingly.
3. Manek Chowk
Manek Chowk has several historical buildings and other features enabling visitors to enjoy their trip with others. This city centre located in Ahmedabad allows tourists to view important structures such as Baba Maneknath temple, stock exchange, Mahurat Pol, and so on. Visitors can visit the centre during the night because it is a paradise for food lovers.
4. Science City
Science City in Ahmedabad is an ideal destination for those who want to learn more about the progress levels of science in detail. The city setup by the Government of Gujarat in 1960 gives ways to learn more about the applications of science in human life. It covers a 3D theatre, amphitheater, exhibition hall, and other features thereby showing ways to enjoy a trip.
5. Nalsarovar Bird Sanctuary
Nalsarovar is a largest bird sanctuary located 60 km from Ahmedabad which covers marshy forests. It is a perfect destination for those who love bird watching and nature. Moreover, it is also surrounded by the Nal Lake allowing tourists to enjoy their trip depending on the needs.
6. Kamala Nehru Zoological Garden
Kamala Nehru Zoological Garden is home to a variety of wild animals that enables tourists to explore them in an eco-friendly environment. The garden zoo spread over 117 acres aim at protecting the endangered species from extinction.
Travel tips to Ahmedabad
1. Even though Gujarati is the main language spoken in Ahmedabad, many people use Hindi as a link language for communication purposes. Tourist guides in the city speak English, Hindi, and Gujarati languages enabling visitors to plan their trip with ease.
2. Visitors should avoid eating raw, processed, and street foods during a trip. This will help a lot to prevent health complications in advance.
3. Tourists should respect the local tradition and culture when they visit holy places. They shouldn’t wear revealing clothes that can cause a distraction to others.
4. It is advisable to bring a mini medical kit that contains certain medicines which ultimately help to manage minor health issues.
5. Those who visit Ahmedabad for the first time should pack clothes that suit summer and winter seasons.
6. Tourists should avoid walking alone in lonely and deserted areas to overcome burglary or other problems. They should also avoid talking to strangers on a trip which ultimately gives ways to get more protection.
7. Ahmedabad has a good public transport system which operates many buses for local transportation purposes. On the other hand, it is advisable not to carry heavy cash while traveling in crowded busses to avoid loss of money.
8. Travelers shouldn’t walk alone in remote places and lonely areas to avoid theft or other problems.
9. Most of the monuments need an entry ticket and visitors can buy the same at the entrance counter. It is not possible to visit a monument without a ticket.
10. Tourists including foreign nationals should carry important documents while visiting important places in Ahmedabad.
11. Photography is not allowed in museums and other places. Therefore, it is advisable to take photos only after getting permission from respective authorities.
12. Tourists should keep their valuables including documents safely in the locker after booking a hotel room.
12. Visitors can hire government approved guides in order to avoid touts who charge over amount.
13. Visitors should choose a package that exactly fits the requirements and budgets while planning a trip to the city.
Accommodation in Ahmedabad
There are several hotels which offer excellent facilities for tourists enabling them to create the best memories on a trip. Tourists who want to know about hotels in Ahmedabad can search for the details from various websites that can help to get more ideas. Besides that, it makes feasible ways to book a hotel at great prices to minimize expenses. Most hotel websites provide ways to compare the prices of hotels easily allowing tourists to choose them with options. It is advisable to evaluate the reviews of hotel websites with special attention before booking a hotel. One should follow the instructions properly when booking a hotel online that can help to make the trip a successful one. A hotel website will guide customers to schedule a trip in advance with family and others to witness more excitement. At the same time, it is necessary to find a reputed website which give ways to ensure a better accommodation in a sophisticated environment.