Would you like to get divorced but don’t feel like going through the hassle of seeing an attorney? If you have no desire to battle things out in a courtroom setting, getting a divorce over the internet could be for you. You might be asking yourself if getting an annulment over the internet is even possible? And the answer is yes! You can get a divorce over the internet, but there are a few things that you need to know before you do so.
- You can end your marriage without an attorney
Yes, you heard me right! If you get an online divorce, you don’t need to use an attorney. If you and your spouse can agree to have an uncontested divorce, then you won’t need an attorney. You can use an online divorce service. The best thing about an online divorce company is that they will do everything for you. You can get your divorce papers online from the company. They will prepare all of your documentation, and within 24 hours, you will have your completed paperwork. All of this can be done without an attorney. Just imagine the amount of money that you will be able to save. Finally, a cheap form of divorce is available to everyone.
- Be careful of scammers
Unfortunately, there are many people out there who are looking to scam you to make a quick buck. So when it comes to getting divorced online, make sure that you are using a legitimate company. The following guidelines will help you choose a good, reliable online divorce company:
- Choose a company that has been around for a few years. Don’t go with a company that has just started out. The more experience a company has the better. This means that they will be able to help you out with any issues that you might have.
- Look for great reviews. On the internet, you can find just about anything. So when you are searching for a great online divorce company, make sure to google their reviews. That will help you get a better idea which are the best companies to use.
- Choose a company that has wonderful customer service. Don’t go with a company that has bad service. If you are not happy with the service don’t use that company. If you have any questions, the right online divorce company will be able to help you with any legal issues. Some companies even offer assistance from an attorney at an extra price if you really need one.
- You can save a lot of money
Ending your marriage over the internet is really cheap. The traditional cost of a divorce is between $15,000 and $30,000 per person! That’s an insane amount of money. The cost of lawyers, going to trial and legal battles can really break the bank. If you choose to get a divorce over the internet, you can save a ton of money. Most online divorce companies charge a maximum of $300 for the dissolution of a marriage. Many of these companies offer legal advice. Therefore, you will not need to hire a lawyer. And if you are battling with your spouse about something, such as child support or child custody, they can offer you the service of an attorney at an extra fee. This would still be a much cheaper option than using a lawyer throughout the entire divorce procedure. Remember, a lawyer charges per hour. Some will even charge you a fee just to send an email! You can avoid all these extra unnecessary costs by choosing the right online divorce company.
- You might have to file your own divorce papers
Not all online divorce services file your paperwork for you. So keep this in mind. You might have to take your papers into your local clerk’s office yourself to be filed. If an online divorce company does file the paperwork for you, it will come at an extra cost. To file divorce papers, it will usually cost you around $300.
- Online divorce is not for everyone
You may wish more than anything that you could end your marriage online, but this is not always possible. Unfortunately, the dissolution of a marriage can sometimes be ugly. Sometimes, paying the extra money to hire an attorney and go to court is the only way to really get what you want. If you need to fight for things such as your children, your business, or even money, then using a lawyer might be the only way to go. Online divorce is only for uncomplicated cases.
- You will need to be organized.
If you do decide to get divorced over the internet, you will need to be organized. Make sure that you have gathered all the correct documentation. For example, your identification papers, financial statements, ownership titles, and other relevant paperwork. Make a list of all your assets and debts. It would also be wise to file all your paperwork in alphabetical order so that you can find what you are looking for with ease. If you are organized, the entire procedure can be handled swiftly and efficiently. Having a do it yourself divorce is really simple if you keep things orderly.
So there you have it! Getting divorced over the internet can be quick, cheap and easy. Online divorce has worked for many couples all over America. But there can also be some pitfalls. Sometimes going the traditional route may be your only choice. Whatever your situation, make sure to keep this important information in mind when deciding whether or not to get a divorce over the internet.