“My idea of heaven is a great big baked potato and someone to share it with.”– Oprah Winfrey
- Baby Potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Butter (If unavailable, use normal butter)
- Fresh Cream (Not sour cream)
- Minced Garlic
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- Cheese for Garnishing
- Corn Starch (required if sauce is not thick enough)
- Warm Milk (required if sauce is too thick)
Baking the Potatoes:
- Take raw baby potatoes and wash them well.
- Leave them under the fan or in the open to dry. Do not peel the potatoes.
- Meanwhile, in a cup, mix 1 spoon of olive oil, 1 spoon of melted garlic butter, some freshly ground pepper and salt to taste.
- Once the potatoes are dried, stab each potato with a fork once, to make 3 small holes on them.
- Glaze the potatoes with the above oil-butter mixture, using a pastry/baking brush.
- Preheat the Oven for 15 mins under Convection Bake mode.
- Take a baking tray, cover it with Aluminium foil and place the glazed potatoes on it.
- Insert the baking tray in the Oven and bake for around 35-45 mins under Convection Bake mode at 180 degrees Celsius.
Making the Sauce:
- Sautée minced garlic pieces in butter/clarified butter (ghee) in a pan.
- Once it turns brown, add crushed parsley leaves or basil leaves to it (dry).
- Add few spoons of thick Fresh Cream to the pan (please be careful of using fresh cream and not sour cream). Continue stirring it.
- If the sauce is too thin or watery, use corn starch powder.
- To add corn starch, first put 1/2 spoon of the powder in a cup of warm water and mix it to bring it to liquid-like consistency. Then add this mixture to the pan.
- If the sauce is too thick, make it thinner with only warm milk or butter, do not use water to make it thinner.
- Keep stirring and add salt/oregano/seasoning to it if required.
- Pour it on top of the baked potatoes.
- Serve hot and creamy, and garnish with grated cheese or parsley.