QuickBooks Error Code: 80029c4a is considered to be a rare problem faced by QuickBooks users, but we have found a significant number of users complaining about this issue. When you see this error, the solution mentioned on the box reporting the error is to restart your computer and all other computers using QuickBooks in multi-user mode. It further suggests that you may have to reinstall QuickBooks if the problem persists.
To sum it all up, the solution mentioned on the error box is actually worth trying, but if you decide to reinstall QuickBooks, then you may consider following some of the other steps to solve the problem.
Causes of Error 80029c4a
The description for QuickBooks error code 80029c4a is “Error loading type library/DLL”. DLL stands for Dynamic Link Library. The leading reasons for this problem are:
- Specific QuickBooks components may not be working properly
- The Dynamic files may be missing or corrupted
- Your Anti-virus program has wrongly identified QuickBooks executable file as a threat
- Relaunch QuickBooks the program and relaunch it. Sometimes, a simple restart of the application solves the problem. But if the error pops up again then proceed to the next step.
- Restart your computer
- As the solution mentioned on the error report window says, restart your computer to fix the problem. Restarting your computer can help rectify issues related to some of the installed applications. Close all the open apps and restart your computer.
- Check your antivirus settings
- Users who faced this problem reported that their antivirus program ended up blocking some of the QuickBooks files. As a result, the software failed to load correctly. Depending on the antivirus software you have, you may have different ways of finding out if a program is being blocked. You may have a quarantine section or blocked apps section. If your antivirus software is blocking any of the following files, then you must manually permit it to go through the firewall:
If your antivirus has blocked none of these files, then you can rule out the possibility of QuickBooks being blocked by your antivirus program. It indicates the cause of the problem within QuickBooks. So, the rest of your troubleshooting will be focused on the QuickBooks software.
- Update QuickBooks
- Your software program is designed to receive automatic updates. It ensures that you are always using the latest QuickBooks software program on your computer. Intuit provides free QuickBooks updates for the product. Since updates include patches and files that can solve known problems in previous versions, it is ideal to have updates automatically downloaded for your QuickBooks software program.
- The official website offers updates that can be downloaded when you have the time to update your software. If you are on a networked system, then you must be careful because the updates will be pushed to all the systems and can cause unforeseen delays in carrying out tasks on QuickBooks for other users as well.
- QuickBooks is updated, check if the problem has been resolved.
- Run ‘reboot.bat’
- The update does not solve the problem; then, you must consider using the ‘reboot.bat’ file to reset the system settings that may have been changed during your use of QuickBooks. You will be able to run this file if you are logged into Windows as an administrator. If not, then you may require admin rights to proceed with running the file. You must close QuickBooks on your computer and make sure that no instances of QuickBooks are running on your computer. If you are on a networked system, then no instances of QuickBooks should be running on any of the other computers in the network.
- ‘reboot.bat’ file is a small batch file. It is saved in the installation directory and is available on all versions of QuickBooks. The aim of running the file is to conduct cleanup and reset the Windows registries and all other files that change when you use QuickBooks. In most cases, the computer restarts once the file is executed, but if it does not restart then, you must not force restart the computer. Simply reopen QuickBooks and check if the problem has been resolved.
- Reinstall QuickBooks
- If everything fails, you must uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks to get rid of this error. You must perform the steps on a standalone machine because networked systems can suffer from the several changes that you will be making. Talk to your IT team or an IT professional when handling installation and uninstallation of applications on networked systems. For standalone machines, follow these steps:
- Launch QuickBooks and click on the About option on the menu. Takedown details of the product, including the Product number and Product license. Make sure the details are noted down accurately.
- Close QuickBooks.
- Go to Control Panel and click on ‘Add or Remove Programs’
- Find QuickBooks in the list of installed programs and check the box next to it
- Click on uninstall
- A new window will open to take you through the uninstallation of the program. You will notice a button that says ‘Repair.’ Click on Repair and click Next.
- It will take some time to repair any damaged or corrupted files that it identifies. A successful repair can help you solve the problem without having to go through the reinstallation process.
- If the problem persists after repairing or if you get an error while trying to repair QuickBooks, then you must uninstall the product.
- Download and install the QuickBooks Tools Hub from the official website.
- Launch QuickBooks Tools Hub and select ‘Installation issues.’ Then choose ‘Clean install Tool’ and click on OK. You will be required to enter your QuickBooks version and Product version. Click on Continue. The tool with automatically rename the old installation files making it possible for a new installation to take place without any intervention from the existing files. It helps you reduce installation-related errors.
- Visit the official website and look for the product number and details of the QuickBooks version you are using. Download the latest version of the product and install it. Enter the license number that you had noted down and launch the software.
A clean install will not affect the accounting data on your company file. A clean install should fix the problem. If you still face the same problem, you must call the QuickBooks support team or get a professional to look into the issue. For Cloud based QuickBooks Hosting related issue it is recommended for you to contact your Desktop as a Service provider for immediate assistance.
In some cases, this error can be solved in a matter of minutes, but sometimes the complexity of the error goes beyond the usual restarting of your computer. In such cases, you may end up uninstalling and reinstalling the QuickBooks software program. While QuickBooks is considered to be one of the most stable accounting software programs used around the work by big and small business owners, it is still a software program prone to develop bugs and errors. It is ideal to use a good antivirus program to make sure that your computer is protected. Additionally, you must also make sure that you login and logoff the QuickBooks software properly to avoid file corruption.